Folding Chair Testing
Gaynes Labs tested two critical performance aspects of our model C600 chair:
1. Compression load (pressure gradually applied on seat until failure)
2. Dynamic load (load "free fall" from 6" above the seat)
Four competitors' chairs were subjected to the same testing protocol.
The following is a brief explanation of what each page of the test results describes:
Page 1 - The overview describes the testing procedures in detail.
Page 2 - 300 lbs. 6" Drop Test Results
- PS Furniture's Model C600 (chairs C1-5) passed all five tests
- Competitors' chairs (B#, D#, E#, and F#) failed two to five tests each
Page 3 - Compression Test Results
- PS Furniture's C600 folding chair required an average of 2,203 lbs. to fail
- Competitors' failed from 1,400 to 1,895 lbs.
Page 4 - These two photographs show how the tests were conducted. Photo 1 is representative of a typical drop test and Photo 2 is representative of a typical compression test.